Hey everyone! I'm Ashley Ochsenhirt and I am a sophomore communications major with a minor in graphic design! My three loves in life: tennis, my dog, and Netflix. You will more than likely be hearing about those a lot! I hope you enjoy reading about my stories and thoughts, and I would love to hear your feedback.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Learning To Enjoy Time

Am I the only one who thinks the semester has passed by so fast? I don't even know where the time has gone. It feels like I still just got back from Christmas Break.

When I was in middle school and even high school, I would always complain about the days going by too slow and feeling like it will never be Summer. It is a whole different case here in college. I feel like my college career is flying by, and I don't know how I feel about it. I am currently a second semester sophomore, and I can't believe it is about to be my junior year.  I do not feel that old. I think the reason my time seems to be going so quickly is because I keep myself busy. I have the same routine day after day. I go to my classes, get lunch in between, go to practice, go to dinner, and then do homework and fall asleep. I never have time to just sit around therefore I think that is the reason it feels like time is getting away from me.

However, this week especially I have learned to appreciate time. I am trying to enjoy every day and make the best of it. A good friend of mine from high school passed away this week from a car wreck, and it reminded me how life can be taken in just a second. Instead of worrying so much and hoping time will go faster, I am going to try and slow down and enjoy each day.

I know this was a different kind of post than usual, but my mind has been everywhere this week. I would love to know if anybody else feels like this semester has flown by. And to all of the seniors, it's almost your graduation time! I was always told college goes by quickly and I never truly believed it until now.

1 comment:

  1. College really goes quickly especially when you are enjoying college. This week for me has gone by so quickly I had to remember that today was Friday! The busier your schedule is the quicker it goes and with my schedule it goes crazy fast. I graduate in a month!!! Enjoy college and ONU while you are here.

    ReplyDelete