Hey everyone! I'm Ashley Ochsenhirt and I am a sophomore communications major with a minor in graphic design! My three loves in life: tennis, my dog, and Netflix. You will more than likely be hearing about those a lot! I hope you enjoy reading about my stories and thoughts, and I would love to hear your feedback.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Easter In Oxford

As many of you know, I am not from around here, I am from Alabama. This means I am not able to go home much and haven't even once this semester. Easter was this past weekend and because I couldn't go home, I decided to join my friend and her family in Oxford, Ohio for Easter break.

Oxford, Ohio is a small town located about half an hour outside of Cincinnati. Oxford is home to the college Miami of Ohio which takes up most of the town's population. I had a great trip and this was definitely a great experience for me. I don't get to see a lot of Ohio, and I like when I get to go to places like Oxford that I've never been before. It is a cute town and one that I would definitely visit again!

Easter weekend means getting to be with family and most importantly, lots of food. However, I think we ate a little too much this break and I'm sure a lot of you can agree with that! Oxford has a lot of local restaurants and chains like Chick-Fil-A and Skyline, but the place we ate the most at was at the Cincinnati mall. We went to The Cheesecake Factory which is a heart attack waiting to happen. It starts off with bread then leads to your main course which is already at least a thousand calories, and to top it off you can get a slice of cheesecake for no less than a thousand calories. Good times!

Altogether, I had a great trip with my friend and her family, and it was so much better than just hanging in Ada all weekend. I would love to know how many of you Ohioans have experienced Oxford as well.

1 comment:

  1. I have only been to Oxford once and that was to go to on a college visit at Miami University. I thought the town was cute, but the campus was too confusing for me, I would get lost in a heartbeat! I am glad to hear you still had a great Easter even though you were unable to spend it at home.

    ReplyDelete