Hey everyone! I'm Ashley Ochsenhirt and I am a sophomore communications major with a minor in graphic design! My three loves in life: tennis, my dog, and Netflix. You will more than likely be hearing about those a lot! I hope you enjoy reading about my stories and thoughts, and I would love to hear your feedback.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Find Out What Your Employees Trust

As I move on to Chapter 9 of "Measure What Matters", I begin to learn more about businesses and how they are measured. This book gives a lot of helpful hints on measuring, understanding customers and even understanding your own employees.

What do your employees really trust?

Of course, we like employees to learn everything from official sources, but that isn't always going to be the case. So, you  need to use your research to find out the influence of individual sources of information. Talk to them when you are getting coffee or on break for some sources. Use either a formal survey or a focus group to find out what channels employees trust.

One study done revealed that engineers in a telecommunications company only trusted information they received electronically and inherently distrusted information delivered in big corporate meetings.

In the end, your employees will have similar and different opinions. These are just a couple of suggestions that Paine claims work for getting information out of your employees and seeing what they trust.

1 comment:

  1. this is a very good post. I've noticed that the way employees get information and what sources they trust has definitely changed when dealing with the younger generations. It used to be information was shared in face-to-face meetings or in written memos. Now it is still some of the in-person meetings but we communicate via text and email more than other mediums. Great post!

    ReplyDelete