Hey everyone! I'm Ashley Ochsenhirt and I am a sophomore communications major with a minor in graphic design! My three loves in life: tennis, my dog, and Netflix. You will more than likely be hearing about those a lot! I hope you enjoy reading about my stories and thoughts, and I would love to hear your feedback.

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

How To Leverage Your Measurement Results

This week in my social media class, we transitioned into chapter three of "Measure What Matters" by Katie Delahaye Paine. Chapter three talks about many measurement ideas including "How to Leverage Your Measurement Results To Get What You Want".

According to Paine, "You will never be as powerful or persuasive as when you present your results to your bosses, plan your presentation according to what actions you might want them to take."

In order to do this you must:
  • Ask for money. Clients will want additional budgetary dollars immediately after presenting results just on the strength of their measurement programs. 
  • Get commitment. Show them a chart to indicate the potential disaster if they don't go. 
  • Manage timing. Present your results in graphs and charts that show changes over time. 
  • Buy influence. Use your results to win over other departments over your point of view and approve programs. 
  • Get outside help. You may want to ask your bosses for additional help to achieve the results you desire. 
  • Just say no. You can say no by showing the manager a chart demonstrating, for example, that a press tour communicates your key messages more effectively. 

These are just a few of many tips Pain provides people with. I am looking forward to learning more about measurement in social media and marketing as I continue reading "Measure What Matters".

No comments:

Post a Comment