Hey everyone! I'm Ashley Ochsenhirt and I am a sophomore communications major with a minor in graphic design! My three loves in life: tennis, my dog, and Netflix. You will more than likely be hearing about those a lot! I hope you enjoy reading about my stories and thoughts, and I would love to hear your feedback.

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

How To Survive Spring Break with a Big Group

Being in a big group no matter where you go means lots of opinions! My tennis team is currently on Spring Break in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, and there are ten girls here. This means lots of opinions and compromising. Here are a few tips I have learned throughout this week to be able to survive being in a big group in one house for Spring Break.

1. Make a Grocery List
Since we are here for a whole week and there are so many of us, we can't eat out every night, so we went to the grocery store on the first day to get food to keep at the house throughout the week. Not everyone likes the same things here, and we have a couple girls that are gluten free, so we can't get whatever we want. We had to make out a serious grocery list where each girl wrote down a few things she would want and then we went by that. This keeps everyone happy, and each girl will get a few things that they specifically asked for. 

2. Pack Light 
After being here for a few days, I came to realize that I packed way too much. Because I am living in a tight room in the house with four girls, I don't have as much space for my stuff to go. I could've gone without a few shirts and shorts that I had packed to save space in my suitcase and room.

3. Compromise
This goes along with the grocery list. Compromising with a big group like this is key. Everyone knows when you get a group of girls together, there more than likely will be drama. Fortunately, we haven't had much this trip, but making sure you compromise with each other and not have one person be the leader of everything is important in order to have a fun and enjoyable trip!

I hope these helped you get a better idea of what I am doing this week and what to do if you are ever in the same situation as me! Have a great rest of your break! What are you doing this week?

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to be traveling to Germany in May with the ONU wind orchestra. This is going to be such a big help since I usually don't travel with big groups! Hope your spring break is going well!

    ReplyDelete