Hey everyone! I'm Ashley Ochsenhirt and I am a sophomore communications major with a minor in graphic design! My three loves in life: tennis, my dog, and Netflix. You will more than likely be hearing about those a lot! I hope you enjoy reading about my stories and thoughts, and I would love to hear your feedback.

Monday, March 27, 2017

What Really Matters To Your Business?

This week in my social media class, we transitioned over to a new book entitled, "Measure What Matters" by Katie Delahaye Payne. This includes online tools for understanding customers, social media, engagement, and key relationships.

Chapter one begins by talking about measurement. Social media is so much more than meets the eye. It is less about media and more about the community in which you do business.

What really matters to your business?

Only a handful of businesses actually measure what matters. Most organizations would say that "their customers" are what matter the most to them. They are partially right, but it's not the number of customers and employees that matters, it's the relationship that your organization has with them that matters. Good relationships lead to good profits. What really matters, is your relationships and aggregated outcome of those relationships: your reputation.

This is just a glimpse into Chapter One and what the book, "Measure What Matters" has to offer. I am looking forward to reading further into the book and learning more about not only social media, but the power of measurement behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment