Hey everyone! I'm Ashley Ochsenhirt and I am a sophomore communications major with a minor in graphic design! My three loves in life: tennis, my dog, and Netflix. You will more than likely be hearing about those a lot! I hope you enjoy reading about my stories and thoughts, and I would love to hear your feedback.

Saturday, March 11, 2017

What is Uber?

I usually post about social media around this time of the week, but I thought I would change directions a little bit. As I mentioned in a previous blog post, I am on Spring Break right now in Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. This is a fairly known city yet is unfamiliar to me. I also do not have a car here because my team and I flew by plane. An app we have found that comes in handy for being in a place you don't know how to get around in is Uber

Uber is an app that anyone can set up on your phone. It is simple. All you do is download the app, create an account, plug in your credit card information and plug in your location along with the location you are looking to go to. The app will notify a designated Uber driver near you to pick you up from the location you plugged in. It usually takes only a few minutes for them to arrive. For example, if you have a large group like me, you can pay a little extra for an XL car. The standard size seats up to four people. Uber has a downside. It is usually only available in big cities and can get pretty expensive. The later it is at night, the higher the price gets. 


In the long run, I would suggest this to everyone! I have found it to be successful and safe. It tells you who your driver is and shows a picture of their car and their face. This is all through the Uber company, and the driver will have an Uber sticker on their windshield to indicate it is them. I have found this app useful when I visited Chicago, New York City, and Tampa. These are all big cities that I was unfamiliar with and it is an easy way to get from one place to another without the hassle of a subway or bus. I would love to hear about your experiences with Uber.

1 comment:

  1. I personally hate driving so when I travel to a different city I love using Uber! I've experienced several amazing drivers that I would have loved if they could have drove us around the whole trip. The only thing I've found that I don't like about Uber is how the prices drastically fluctuate at night, what was at first a $8 ride became a $30 ride at the end of the night and I had no idea that would happen! (It would have been cheaper to drive myself and pay for parking at that price.

    ReplyDelete