Hey everyone! I'm Ashley Ochsenhirt and I am a sophomore communications major with a minor in graphic design! My three loves in life: tennis, my dog, and Netflix. You will more than likely be hearing about those a lot! I hope you enjoy reading about my stories and thoughts, and I would love to hear your feedback.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

What Pinterest Is All About

This week in my social media class, we are moving on to Chapter 6 of "Social Media Marketing Workbook 2016". We begin to look at one of the most popular social media platforms, Pinterest. Pinterest allows people to create "boards" related to different topics they are interested in or things/events they need ideas for. Pinterest is about shopping. Consumers use it as an "idea board" for their college dorm room, wedding, or their next family reunion. Pinterest is incredibly strong in the female demographic. Pinterest makes it easy to "pin" ideas to your "board," and each pin can be instantly clickable to a blog or shop to make it easier to find.

The best way to understand Pinterest is to grasp the concept of an "idea board."
What is an idea board you may ask? For example, if someone is planning out her ideal wedding, first she signs up for Pinterest and creates a profile. Unlike other social media platforms, not a lot of information is displayed in a Pinterest profile, pretty much just a profile picture and a very brief description.

Next, she should download and install the Pinterest button. Once installed, she can now search Pinterest and begin "pinning" things to her "board" that she sets up. For her wedding, she may make a board labeled "wedding ideas" and begin searching for wedding dresses, rings, decorations, etc.

As you can see, Pinterest is easy to set up and anyone can do it. I have found a lot of success with my Pinterest, and it has enabled me to find different ideas for events I am participating in. It is a little taste of your personal brand and easy access to remembering ideas for future events. What does your Pinterest board consist of?

No comments:

Post a Comment