Hey everyone! I'm Ashley Ochsenhirt and I am a sophomore communications major with a minor in graphic design! My three loves in life: tennis, my dog, and Netflix. You will more than likely be hearing about those a lot! I hope you enjoy reading about my stories and thoughts, and I would love to hear your feedback.

Monday, March 13, 2017

Thoughts While Returning From Spring Break

Coming back to school after Spring Break is never fun. You reminisce on your past week at wherever you were spending your break, and remember all of the good times you had during it. For me, this is completely accurate. I had one of the best Spring Breaks of my life and I'm sad it had to go so soon.

As I returned to campus this past Friday, reality hit me. I am now back on Ada time. Here are some thoughts I had now that I am back on campus and off break.

"When am I going to unpack?"
Personally, this is one of the hardest things about coming back from vacation. I hate unpacking with a passion. I already had a lot of things I needed to put away in the first place, so I was dreading doing this already. I basically set my suitcases in a corner of my room for about a day and a half until I could mentally prepare myself to do this. I also came back with more stuff than I brought, so finding places for that was another thing I needed to think about.

"What tests do I have this week?"
Of course nobody really wants to think about school when they are on break. So, when you get back from break, that's when you really start to remember your priorities, this being school. Luckily, I had the whole weekend here to study and get my stuff in order before returning back to school.

"I miss the warm weather."
This was definitely the first thing I thought of when I got off the plane in Cincinnati. I was in Hilton Head the whole week with high temperatures, so coming back to mid 20s was not a fun time. Going from wearing shorts and a t-shirt last week to layers this week is sad. Seeing the snow today made me miss it even more and gets me excited to be back down south for the Summer.

Even though I do miss my Hilton Head trip, I am happy to be back to a routine. It just gets me more excited for the trip I have planned next year, and the warm weather I will get this Summer. I can get through this! Did you have warm weather for your break? I would love to hear about it!


3 comments:

  1. I feel your pain about coming back to college after a week off! As graduation is approaching my motivation is at an all time low. Hoping I can survive these next 60 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unpacking is the worst for me because it means I have to do laundry! I stayed in boring Ohio over break so I didn't get to experience the warm weather, but I am definitely ready for it to start warming up here! When I came back from break, I had so much to do. I told myself that I was going to work on a little bit each day, but I ended up having Netflix marathons. Now I'm back in the swing of things and my homework load isn't as bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a rough transition for me and I knew ahead of time that it would be. Living off campus made it easier because I chose when to come back. Living two hours away helped as well. Mine was a rough transition because I had to unpack and clean all my clothes immediately then repack to head to a conference. I was only in class for two days! That did not give me enough time to get all my work figured out for the week. I think I managed all right, but I guess we will see within the next few days.

    ReplyDelete