Hey everyone! I'm Ashley Ochsenhirt and I am a sophomore communications major with a minor in graphic design! My three loves in life: tennis, my dog, and Netflix. You will more than likely be hearing about those a lot! I hope you enjoy reading about my stories and thoughts, and I would love to hear your feedback.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

I Joined Twitter!

Recently, I have decided that I would finally join the bandwagon and get a Twitter. Being in social media class has opened me to the idea to get one because I feel like I should get involved with as much social media as I can to understand it better. I never had a Twitter before, because I figured it was just one more thing that I had to worry about, and one more thing that consisted of constant arguments and fighting.

So, with that being said I am happy to announce that I finally joined the Twitter family!

I have discovered a lot of things since I recently joined Twitter.

1. It's more confusing than I thought.
I know this seems kind of crazy and that Twitter should be self explanatory, but I got on and had no idea where to even start. Anytime you get a new social media app, you have to start from rock bottom. I had no followers and didn't follow anyone. It takes months even years to get a lot of people to follow you, and reach the ideal "follower count". I am currently at 32 followers, and I follow 72 and I am okay with that for it only being day two. I am hoping to figure this thing out soon, and maybe get a few more followers along the way!

2. Hashtags "aren't cool".
Clearly, Twitter is known for its hashtags. When I first downloaded my app and went to add my first tweet, I started to put some hashtags. According to my friends, hashtags "aren't cool anymore". Of course I reminded myself of what The Art of Social Media had to say about that. You can get so much more out of Twitter and getting your tweets seen by using the hashtags. I am still yet to use them, but I know they will be more beneficial!

3. It's addicting.
I never would have guessed I would actually be into Twitter. I figured anything that I saw on it, I would just see on Facebook or Instagram. However, I was proven wrong. It is not as much hate, and people are more personable. I am still fairly new, so I'm sure there will be hate I will eventually see. I also find myself constantly looking at articles and five minutes turns into five hours on it!

I'm happy with the decision to get Twitter, and I would love to hear any stories you guys have about it!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Twitter-verse! It is really a great social media platform that you will learn to love. It as well took me a little while to get used to the formatting of twitter, but over time it got a lot easier. I mainly use Twitter as my everyday news source. I like it for the news because you not only get the big headlines and what the larger media outlets have to say about events. You also get the input of all the other Twitter users. Have fun with your new social media adventure!

    ReplyDelete