Hey everyone! I'm Ashley Ochsenhirt and I am a sophomore communications major with a minor in graphic design! My three loves in life: tennis, my dog, and Netflix. You will more than likely be hearing about those a lot! I hope you enjoy reading about my stories and thoughts, and I would love to hear your feedback.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

My Daily Routine

I thought I would change it up a bit this week! Usually my blog posts consist of "how to do something" or "steps to become something", but I figured it was time for something different and to kind of show a more personal side of me!

I want you to take a walk in my shoes as I explain what a basic day in my life here at Ohio Northern is like. 

I attempt to get up every morning around 8:00 a.m. I don't have class until either 9:00 a.m or 10:00 a.m everyday, so I guess that would be considered sleeping in for some people! I usually hit the snooze button about one or 200 times until I eventually realize I have to be productive.
I then slowly get out of bed, turn on my music, and start to get ready for class. This usually consists of me showering, blow drying my hair, and then doing my favorite thing, my makeup. I am a freak when it comes to makeup. It is what I spend the most time and unfortunately money on. It takes me around 15-20 minutes to do my makeup because I usually don't like it and then re-do it a few times! I then search for a socially acceptable outfit, get my stuff together, and head to class when it's time.

I'm not going to give you a play by play on what happens during class because you and I both know that you don't want me to talk about that!

After all my classes for the day which end around 3:00 p.m, I do any homework I have, binge watch some Netflix, and then eventually meet up with my friends for dinner.
As I had mentioned in a previous post, I play on the tennis team and we are currently in season, so I do have practice. Normal teams practice around three or four every day, but we practice at around 9 or 10 every night. We need to play indoors at this point in the season, so we drive all the way to Lima and play at a sports complex there. By this point I'm ready to hit the shower and hop in bed, but I am loading up in the car to go to practice instead. We usually get done with practice around 11:00 p.m or 11:30 p.m. So if you couldn't already guess, I'm always exhausted!

So, that is basically a typical day in my life during this point in time. Of course my daily routine does change when I'm off season and don't have as many things going on, but when I keep myself busy I feel better!

I would love to know if you do any of the same things! Only 11 days until my first match, and for all of us, only 87 days until it's officially Summer Break! We can do this!

3 comments:

  1. Getting a routine down while in college is so important. Without having one it is easy to see grades slip. I am a person who likes to be prepared and also sleep as late as possible. So I have my bag packed for the next day and an outfit picked out. I also tend to shower at really weird times. Today I showered at three after working out so I probably will not shower for 24 hours. On MWF classes I can get up at nine and be in class by ten. That includes a 15 minute walk. Keep your routine up. It might feel like it drags, but as you said it changes with the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe your tennis team practices that late and travels to do so! Good for you guys! I am sure that makes for some late evenings. Getting into a routine is really hard at school, but once you find one that works it's always so much easier. Being on a sports team probably allows for a more consistent work out schedule so that's a plus! I have a hard time getting into a routine working out because of how much the weather has been changing recently. This week will be easier because it will be nice! Glad to see a change of pace in your blog posts, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I am so glad that summer is so close! I also try to get up a few hours before my classes and end up sleeping until a half hour before the class starts. It's really unfortunate that you have tennis practice so late in the evening. I can understand what that is like because when I am in a show here at school, we rehearse until 11 every night! Netflix is so addicting. I somehow finished the show I just started in a month. (5 seasons!) Being busy can be a nice thing, it will make the days go faster and before you know it, we will be done with school!
    Best, Rachel

    ReplyDelete