Hey everyone! I'm Ashley Ochsenhirt and I am a sophomore communications major with a minor in graphic design! My three loves in life: tennis, my dog, and Netflix. You will more than likely be hearing about those a lot! I hope you enjoy reading about my stories and thoughts, and I would love to hear your feedback.

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

I Have a YouTube Famous Friend!

After completing, "The Art of Social Media", I was debating on what I wanted to cover for this week's blog post about the book. I decided I would talk about something that has always been fascinating to me, however it is over shadowed because of all of the new social media that is most popular today.

I would like to talk more about YouTube.

YouTube is my absolute favorite form of social media. Even though it doesn't seem like a real form of social media, it is! A friend of mine is on Youtube with over a million followers and after hearing what he says about YouTube and reading it also in, "The Art of Social Media", I am able to get a better look into it and am excited to share with you what I have learned from reading this! 

Complete Your Profile in the "About" Section 
When you start a YouTube channel, of course you want people to view your channel and get to as many subscribers as possible. In order to achieve this, your potential subscribers need to learn more about you and your channel. That's when you would head over to the "about" section on your profile and fill that out with information you think people would enjoy reading about you! Also, don't forget to add your other social media accounts and links to them in your bio!

Create a Channel Trailer
A channel trailer is essential for your YouTube channel because it acts as a standard "welcome" when people visit your channel's homepage. This is also great for attracting more viewers to your channel.

Create an Intro and Outro
An intro and outro is a short clip with a jingle and your picture or logo. I have noticed this in any successful YouTuber's videos including my friend's channel. It is catchy and looks professional.

Organize Your Content
Channel sections allow you to customize, organize, and promote your YouTube channel.
Go to channel home tab > click on "add a section" to do this.

Respond to Comments
This seems to be a hard job for the people who are successful on Youtube. I know that my YouTube famous friend, Cole, has trouble with this. Having over a million followers means you won't be able to respond to everyone. However, responding to as many as you can gives good feedback to your viewers and shows you care. It is how popular YouTuber's build their followings.

By following these steps, you could build a great YouTube channel yourself! I hope these tips helped and I would love to hear your thoughts and any YouTube experiences you have had!

Also, follow my friend, Cole LaBrant on YouTube!
Cole&Sav






1 comment:

  1. I as well had a hard time finding just one topic to cover for my final reading blog for "The Art of Social Media". I like that you put a spin on it by sharing your favorite form of media, being youtube, and sharing with everyone a personal story about your friend who is big on youtube. I'm sure if I ever get into posting anything on youtube this book will come into play and help with the process. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete