Hey everyone! I'm Ashley Ochsenhirt and I am a sophomore communications major with a minor in graphic design! My three loves in life: tennis, my dog, and Netflix. You will more than likely be hearing about those a lot! I hope you enjoy reading about my stories and thoughts, and I would love to hear your feedback.

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

How To Master the #Hashtag

It is not always easy to use Twitter and come up with something clever and interesting to say to get people's attention. There is a way to achieve a great Twitter post and The Art of Social Media provides some great tips and tricks!

1. Pick Short, Good Hashtags
You can never get enough hashtags, but they are so important to include in every tweet! Try and keep it short and generic. Choose a hashtag that is trendy and constantly being seen by people. Using short over unique will get you farther.

2. Integrate the Hashtag Into Everything 
If you are trying to promote something, use the hashtag immediately! Once you get it out there, the more likely people will begin to click on it and see your tweets. You can also use it on things other than Twitter, like your email signature or your website. It is just something that shows that it is your hashtag.

3. Ask Everyone To Use It
Get the word out about your hashtag! Ask everyone to use it if they are promoting you or whatever you are trying to get out there. When I think of this, I think of people using unique wedding hashtags. Anytime they post about their wedding or their friends take pictures at their wedding, the hashtag is always used. This sends you directly to all of the pictures that were taken at this wedding, and I find it very personal and fun!


These are just a few of many great ideas that The Art of Social Media has shown to work for social media. I personally do not use Twitter, but I do sometimes use hashtags on Instagram, so by following these few simple steps, I may be able to enhance my own social media!


No comments:

Post a Comment