Hey everyone! I'm Ashley Ochsenhirt and I am a sophomore communications major with a minor in graphic design! My three loves in life: tennis, my dog, and Netflix. You will more than likely be hearing about those a lot! I hope you enjoy reading about my stories and thoughts, and I would love to hear your feedback.

Monday, February 20, 2017

Snapchat Hack

Snapchat is one of the most popular social media platforms of our time. Snapchat consists of many different features and is continuously improving. Have you ever wondered how to change what your friend emojis look like? I can tell you how. 

You may be wondering what is a "friend emoji". An emoji is typically a symbol instead of a word as an illustration in text messages or on social media. Friend emojis appear next to a person's name on your Snapchat list. Friend emojis have different meanings, which can be explained in the picture below. 



These are the default emojis that come with your app. However, you are able to change them! I have known this little hack but I get asked daily how I did it. I figured if you didn't know this trick, it could help you change up your Snapchat!


1. Tap 'Settings' in the top right hand corner of your Profile screen.
2. Tap 'Manage' under the 'Additional Services' section.
3. Tap 'Friend Emojis'.
4. Tap the Friend Emoji you would like to change, then choose an emoji. 


Above is an example of what potential new friend emojis can look like!

I hope this helps you discover a new feature on Snapchat, or helps you figure out how to do it if you already heard about it! Friend emojis have made the app more entertaining, and even add a more personal feel. I usually switch it up according to the time of year. For example, mine are all Valentine's themed right now because it is that season. Who else knew about this feature and loves it as much as I do? I would love to hear your thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love changing my friend emojis. It might seem like a hassle for some people, but I truly enjoy it. It's fun to see what pops up on my Snapchat screen. This feature allows you to feel like I'm in control of the app and have a say creatively. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete