Hey everyone! I'm Ashley Ochsenhirt and I am a sophomore communications major with a minor in graphic design! My three loves in life: tennis, my dog, and Netflix. You will more than likely be hearing about those a lot! I hope you enjoy reading about my stories and thoughts, and I would love to hear your feedback.

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Steps to Become a Basic College Kid

Think back to when you were in high school and you had so many expectations about college. You probably thought life would be easy, you never had to go to class and still get an "A", and you could be lazy and not have mom yell at you for it.

Wrong. These are not completely true and I learned that pretty quickly! However, there are some steps you can take in order to achieve your high school self's idea of college.

Step 1: Download Netflix.
This is the first step you should always take to be a basic college student! Netflix is a life saver and will get you through the long days. Some shows I recommend are Gossip Girl, Stranger Things, and Grey's Anatomy. There are a lot more things Netflix offers like documentaries, movies, T.V shows, etc. If you get this app, you are one step closer to a good college kid!

Step 2: Buy Ramen Noodles and Easy Mac.
Here are two examples of basic college foods. Because we are college kids, clearly we don't have money to throw around, so getting something cheap like this that is quick to make and convenient is a great thing to have!

Step 3: Buy Comfortable Clothes.
Unlike high school, you can basically wear whatever you want. Take advantage of this! It is a lot harder to get out of bed when you don't have mom forcing you to, so looking your best every day more than likely won't be the case. Buy yourself lots of comfortable clothes like T-Shirts, leggings, and sweatpants to make it to class in time and comfortable the whole day! 

Step 4: Stay Up Studying.
Every college kid knows that studying is important and necessary, but a lot of time procrastinating happens too. Every college kid can admit they have stayed up atleast one night all night studying for a test the next day. This will happen. You will have to cram in studying and projects a few times, but in college, your sleeping pattern will be way off!

I have done all of these! Does that make me too basic? Being in college is fun, but not always easy. But I have found some of these things as not only stereotypical, but true. Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I laughed when I caught sight of this title and you instantly had me hooked. When I finished reading your post, I learned that I am a very basic, stereotypical college student. I am not afraid to admit that I have Netflix binged an entire night when I should have been sleeping and that I have stayed up studying or doing work way too late into the night. I don't know how many times I haven't even started my homework for the next day until around midnight. I am a typical college student and I will say it until the day I walk across that stage for graduation!

    ReplyDelete