Hey everyone! I'm Ashley Ochsenhirt and I am a sophomore communications major with a minor in graphic design! My three loves in life: tennis, my dog, and Netflix. You will more than likely be hearing about those a lot! I hope you enjoy reading about my stories and thoughts, and I would love to hear your feedback.

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Hacking and Catfishing: What Are They and How Do You Prevent Them?

For a number of years now, hacking has been a problem within our technology world. Now that technology is getting even bigger and growing into things like social media, hacking is easier and more common. Hackers have been able to figure out ways to steal your information and even watch you from your webcam. Thankfully, there are ways that these can we prevented and you can keep your information safe online.

Catfishing is also a major problem that has escalated in the last few years. This is where a person will create a fake profile in order to lure somebody into what they want. This can either be romantically or for money purposes. Teenagers have fallen the most victim to it now because they are so vulnerable.

Personally, I have dealt with being hacked in the past, and now that I have these tips, I know how to keep my information safe and know that there are ways to prevent it from happening again. Allison Ditch and I were curious on this subject and wanted to share our findings on this matter. This podcast we created will discuss all of the basics of hacking and catfishing while providing real life examples, and give you steps on how you can keep yourself safe so that this hopefully won't happen to you.


Feel free to listen in to learn more!


No comments:

Post a Comment