Hey everyone! I'm Ashley Ochsenhirt and I am a sophomore communications major with a minor in graphic design! My three loves in life: tennis, my dog, and Netflix. You will more than likely be hearing about those a lot! I hope you enjoy reading about my stories and thoughts, and I would love to hear your feedback.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Meet Bo

If you have read through my 'About me' bio at the top of my blog, you should know I am crazy about my dog! He is my favorite topic and I show people pictures of him daily whether they want to see or not. I am sure my fellow dog lovers out there can relate. I figured it was time I introduce him to my blog!

This is my dog, Bo (the black one) and his brother Bentley. We found them on Christmas day of 2014. We were driving to my brother's girlfriend's house to visit with her family when we came across them and their mother helpless near a ditch. The mother ran away from us and we tried to stop her, but she was nowhere to be found. We picked up these two precious puppies and went around to any houses nearby asking if they knew who these puppies belonged to. All of them had mentioned they saw the mother around, but knew she was a stray. However, no one even knew she had puppies. Bo and Bentley were only five weeks old at the time of this picture.
My family was coincidently looking for a new dog at the time. However, my dad was not wanting another dog in the house. Once we brought them both home, we knew he would be the first to get attached and we were right. My brother's girlfriend ended up taking Bentley, and we kept Bo. From that day forward, he has been our little miracle and a true part of the family. 

He is now a big two-year-old and as spoiled as ever! When I think of home, all I can think of is how much I miss my family, especially my dog. I always think what a miracle it was that we happened to be driving by that street on Christmas, and they were placed into our lives. I cannot imagine life without him now! I would love to hear from my fellow dog lovers and any stories you have!

1 comment:

  1. These puppies are beyond cute! I love the story of how they came into your life. I have never had an experience finding a dog like that. I know how it is though, having a dog be a part of the family. I grew up with my dog and he was my absolute best friend. I have been looking for a puppy, but it is hard to get one while in college. When I can get one though, I will most likely adopt one from a shelter. I am a believer in God knowing when and where we need to be at certain times so miracles like this can happen. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete